Bear for Apple Watch overview
With Bear for Apple Watch, you can create new notes with just your voice, append text to existing notes, and check off tasks in notes.
- An iPhone running iOS 11 or later
- An Apple Watch running watchOS 4 or later
Record new notes with your voice
Bear for Apple Watch has a New Note button at the top. Tap it, and you can dictate a new note with your voice. Bear will transcribe your words into text and save it as a new note. New notes created on Apple Watch will appear as pinned in the Note List on your iPhone.
New in Bear 1.7, we added the FlickType keyboard as a way to type notes on your Watch. There are a few tricks to know about this new style of keyboard
- It displays a scaled down version of a full keyboard
- Auto-correct is often quite accurate, but FlickType offers more flexibility to type specific and unique words
- You can type word you want, then swipe right on your Watch display to cycle through word suggestions
- Swipe right twice for punctuation
One-tap recording with the Watch face complication
You can customize your Apple Watch face to add complications, small widgets of information or buttons that launch apps and actions.
Tap Bear’s complication to immediately launch the app into recording a new note. It’s a quick, convenient way to save an idea for later.
View and edit recent notes
Bear for Apple Watch syncs the 15 most recent notes from your iPhone. This includes any pinned notes at the top of your Note List, but as of Bear 1.7 it does not include encrypted notes.
Append new text to notes
You can quickly append text to notes in Bear for Apple Watch:
- Swipe left on any note to reveal an Append button
- A recording dialogue with appear. Speak your new text, then tap Done
- Bear will transcribe your words and add them to the bottom of the note
Force Touch for more
You can Force Touch in Bear for Apple Watch to access some extra features:
- On the "new note" button to create a new note by scribble
- On a card in the carosel allow to trash a note
- When viewing a note to add a task item or delete the note
Mark tasks in notes as complete
Bear for Apple Watch can view tasks you’ve added to recent notes from Bear for iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
If you complete a task, you can tap it in the Watch app, and the update will sync back to the Bear note on your iPhone.
If you change Bear’s theme on your iPhone, Bear for Apple Watch will match its icon and colors. This works for the free themes, as well as all current and future themes included in Bear Pro.
Bear for Apple Watch comes with some in-app options. To access to the preference panel, scroll to the bottom of the Note List using the digital crown, then scroll a little farther until you feel a vibration.
So far, you can change these options:
- Choose if the complication opens Bear to your notes or opens directly to dictating a new note
- Add a #watch tag to each note created on the Watch
- Always use the FlickType keyboard